REGISTER NOW FOR THE PORTFOLIO REVIEW
Within the scope of the opening weekend of the 5th Fotofestival Mannheim_Ludwigshafen_Heidelberg, once again we are organising one of the highlights of our festival programme: a Portfolio Review at the Print Media Academy in Heidelberg.
SEPTEMBER 13+14 2013
The Portfolio Review offers concentrated and effective dialogue between photographers and selected experts in photography and is aimed at students in higher semesters, art school graduates, and freelance artists and photographers.
We are privileged to have gained the following reviewers for the 5th Fotofestival:
MAGNUM PHOTOS REVIEWERS:
Abbas - Magnum-Photographer
Thomas Hoepker - Magnum-Photographer
Liu Jie - Magnum Foundation: Human Rights Fellowship 2012
Alexa Becker -
Acquisitions Editor at Kehrer Verlag, Heidelberg
Prof. Dr. Peter Białobrzeski -
Photographer and Professor at the University of the Arts, Bremen
Milena Carstens -
Photographer and head of the photo editorial team at ZEITmagazine, Hamburg
Marguy Conzémius -
Curator of the Photography department at the Centre national de l'audiovisuel, Dudelange, Luxemburg
Sibylle Fendt -
Photographer and lecturer at the Ostkreuz School for Photography in Berlin
V.-Prof.in Karen Fromm -
1st Chair of the Friends of the House of Photography, Deichtorhallen Hamburg and teacher at Hannover University at the photojournalism and
documentary faculty, Hannover
Emmanuelle Hascoët -
Exhibitions & Cultural Development Manager at Magnum Photos, Paris
Klaus Kehrer -
Publisher and founder of Kehrer Verlag, Heidelberg
Bernhard Knaus -
Gallery owner and collector, Bernhard Knaus Fine Art, Frankfurt am Main
Dr. Christina Leber -
Head of the DZ Bank art collection, Frankfurt am Main
Dr. Martina Mettner -
Advisor to photographers, mm Photoconsulting, Aarbergen
Ute Noll -
Picture editor, photo critic, curator and teacher at Dortmund University of Applied Sciences, Dortmund
Thomas Schirmböck -
Curator and managing director ZEPHYR, Reiss-Engelhorn Museums, Mannheim
Dr. Claude W. Sui -
Director and curator at the International Photography Forum, Reiss-Engelhorn Museums, Mannheim and photography history teacher at Mannheim University
The Reviewers look forward to entering into a dialogue with you about your works.
We offer participants
We are looking forward to your online application by 4 August 2013!
- at least three 20-minute consultations with renowned reviewers from the international photography scene or a three-hour session and tour with Magnum photographer Abbas at Heidelberger Kunstverein.
- a Festival pass for all participants, which you can use to visit all exhibitions of the 5th Fotofestival 2013.
- the possibility to be exhibited as a favourite with a strip of images on our homepage in our virtual gallery after the portfolio reviews.
- the possibility of an exclusive exhibition at Einraumhaus c/o Mannheim (www.einraumhaus.com) within the context of the 5th Fotofestival.
- Magnum Photos will honour the top favourite with participation in a workshop in Paris. The Fotofestival will provide a travel cost subsidy of 200 Euro.
Our thanks go to Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG, Cewe Color AG & Co. OHG, Magnum Photos as well as to the managers of Einraumhaus, Myriam Holme and Philipp Morlock, for the kind support that has made this project possible.
Photo: Young pioneers celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Youth Democratic Organization with Soviet style exercises. Kabul. Afghanistan 1986. © Abbas/Magnum Photos